Here are some online marketing resources that I have come across and found to be useful. Be sure to also check out the links in my blogroll for some great marketing websites.
FREE MARKETING TOOLS
- There is absolutely no excuse for not having Google Analytics on your website. It’s free, will take your web master no time at all to implement, and the insight and information you get are pure gold. And even if you have no intention of looking at your analytics reports, PLEASE set it up anyways. That way it can merrily gather data until you are ready to use it (and trust me, one day you or someone you hire is gonna want it).
- Google Alerts is a great, free marketing service that alerts you to online activity surrounding keywords. See more details about how this marketing tool can work for you.
- Courtesy of Search Engine Journal, some tools (beyond Google Adwords) that can help with keyword brainstorming
- SEO Automatic offers a free webpage review tool to let you know how your most important page tags are doing (and if you don’t have a clue why this would be useful, read this post)
- Gain some insight into how your keywords are being used in search engine queries with this free keyword questions tool from Wordtracker Labs.
- Up the ante on your local search engine optimization efforts with this free online citation tool from Whitespark and Ontolo.
- Thinking about getting started with Twitter (but don’t have a clue what you’re doing)? Check out Twitter 101 for business for tips, best practices, lingo explained and some case studies to give you inspiration.
- If you want to stay up to date with the latest in social media, Mashable is the place to be.
- Want to do some email marketing for your small business, but don’t know where to begin? Check out some great email marketing resources courtesy of MailChimp. When you’re ready to go, the MailChimp service is cheap, easy and their customer service is terrific. Not comfortable doing it on your own? Get in touch with me and let’s get your e-mail marketing going.
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Beginner’s guide to SEO starting with the basics and covering different strategies